Tuesday, June 13, 2006

airport restrooms across the world

So what do I do when I have lots of things I need to do?

I troll the internet here and here for really cool trips. 14 days in Morocco? How about 18 sailing Iceland and Greenland? Summiting Kilimanjaro the back route?

All this while listening to my new Tiken Jah CD - AND HE ROCKS!! I will be listening to him and my boy Youssou N'Dour the whole damn way up to Oregon.

Oy! Too many cool things to do!

Clothes are packed. That took all of about 10 minutes. Tomorrow I'll do all office. And that's all that's really left, besides moving it all.

I've been having fantasies of foreign airport restroooms. Yes, I miss the strangest things. I will really have to take a great trip this summer, someplace with fascinating airport restrooms.

My favorites so far? Amsterdam is good - clean and neat, with antibacterial foam to use with TP to clean off the toilet seat. But another great one - and I can't remember where - had plastic seat covers, and when I pushed a button the old section disappeared and I got fresh plastic. Crazy. I definitely need to start taking pics of all these great toilet destinations.

I don't put that in my law school applications, my desire to study international law so that I can enjoy airport restrooms across the world. Maybe I should.

I've now applied to four law schools. Chances are slim with all, because of the lateness of my applications. Well, I'm trying. Since traveling all next year may be a bad idea with The Thyroid Issue. Good news on that is that today I made all sorts of phone calls (while ostensibly teaching - I zoned out that there were 20 kids in my room at a time while I rapped with Blue Shield representatives until one student who ostensibly was writing his expository composition said, "You're moving to Oregon?!") and discovered a way to have insurance in Oregon. The other good news is that all my health care until now has been completely covered by my health plan. I kept expecting bills, but nope. Woo hoo HMOs! So, I'll have a PPO now, but that's cool. It's better than nothing for sure.

No comments: