Friday, June 30, 2006

stars aligned

As if I weren't sure that committing to First Choice Law School, stars align to show I'm right.

My LSAT score from last test (the one where I was very congested and icky feeling overall) - it only went up one point. Mind you, NO practice test I EVER take is that low - but apparently I found test anxiety late in life. So, that score doesn't matter, because I'm already in FCLS.

I emailed the two profs I liked, and here were their responses:

"Great to hear from you!!

I'm glad you have a plan for your immediate future -- I'll miss you, but I think you are making the right decision to move into an area where your activist interests will become empowered more effectively than a Just Shoot Me University degree could provide.

Keep in touch from time to time and let me know how it goes -- I expect I will some day read about you in the Times, but in the meantime give me a periodic briefing. D."

"Well, best of luck there. They are lucky to get you, and it probably is a right-time-and-place thing.

Do keep in touch: I expect great things of you!

Best wishes,Chris" [this prof was not in my department, and he used to be an attorney]

Yes, both always sign their first names. Several people asked me how I get on first-name-basis with profs, but it seems natural. Everywhere I've ever gone, I've forged close relationships with profs I've respected. Unfortunately at JSMU, there were only 2 - and more than that are needed.

I'm watching the Germany-Argentina game, and maybe i'm a traitor to my peeps, but I'm for any Spanish-speaking country. They're in the second overtime already ... Those guys must be SO TIRED.

We're going up to see Avery and Ashton again this weekend, with a surprise little birthday celebration for Susan.

The weather here in Oregon has been absolutely perfect, but I still feel that crushing claustrophobia of racial homogeneity and am eager to take off. Netflix and I won't make it through all of Babylon 5 Season 1, but I'll get enough TV to last me for a long time. Hopefully I'll be leaving two weeks from now at the latest.

My new favorite product? Buji! I went out for birdwatching and was warned a little late that we were walking through poison oak. I am EXTREMELY allergic, and so I rushed to pick up this Buji poison oak soap - and it worked! No breakout!

I have to get a new windshield - mine is all cracked. And new glasses - the deep scratches on mine are distracting at best.

OK, they're going to penalty kicks! The first time I've ever seen it! Wow!

No comments: