Thursday, June 22, 2006

in Oregon and BIG NEWS

Here I am, in the land of large deciduous trees, of high pollen counts and innumerable white people.

I guess this is a good time to work through a nasty cold - lots of time to lie around, to sleep 10 hours, to get a Netflix subscription. But I must be snapping out of the cold finally because I took the Selma dog for a power walk today and spent much time tracking down doctors to diagnose my damn thyroid already. And I have plans for a Portland trip and other social outings. But I'll keep sleeping.

Today I talked to neighbor Steve for the first time. He greeted me by name and briefed me on all his latest news (defeated prostate cancer, bought another motorcycle, retirement still suits him well, etc.) and said how he hopes I stick around. Susan always said he has a crush on me.

On Monday I went to a Chinese doctor and it was a strange experience. Next to a laundromat, I walked in and was immediately gestured to a chair across a small table. The man spoke very little English, but eventually he -

OH MY GOD! MY FIRST CHOICE LAW SCHOOL JUST CALLED ME TO ACCEPT ME!! I have to decide within the week! They even offered me a $7500 scholarship, which is a real surprise at this stage of the game. Only this morning I got this email:

"Your application to First Choice Law School has been submitted to the AdmissionCommittee for review. We will notify you as soon as a decision has beenreached, but please be aware that this can take some time."

Some time?? That was less than three hours!!

I just screamed and danced and scared the dogs. OK, I didn't really scare them at all - it's not like the first time I've screamed and danced. Especially Selma, she hardly even looked at me.

I'll have to finish this post later!

1 comment:

Gummy said...

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! (I'm screaming and dancing with you, ha ha ha!) ^_^