Tuesday, June 06, 2006

pupusa love



OK, it's not just about the money.

It's also about the food. This morning started with Attitude Girl bringing a bag into my room during another class.

It was pupusas! Yummalicious!

But that's not all! There was also curtido!

And her mom is so unbelievably sweet - she included a real fork, a napkin, and a Gatorade bottle of some orange-flavored beverage.

Which leads me to wonder two things. First, how Attitude Girl's mom could be so awesomely sweet and Attitude Girl such a pain in the ass (though, she's not at all to me, but I see the potential and she is to all others).

But secondly, and the far more important question: How have I lived all my life without pupusas????

I am so going to El Salvador!! I will singlehandedly support a pupuseria!

Nice blog about pupusas (and pic borrowed from): http://la.foodblogging.com/2005/06/20/214/

[Update: The plan now is to eat pupusas for lunch every day, to eat them with Gail Thursday evening, and to make & eat them with Sabine Friday evening - when I feel the love, I FEEL THE LOVE.]

1 comment:

Gummy said...

I'M A FEELIN' THE LOVE just lookin' at that picture! I'm ready to drool!!! Mmm...can't...wait...!

Oh yeah! Something I Thought you might like:

http://www.un.org/events/tenstories/

=)