Tuesday, June 27, 2006

visit to the boys

Avery (age 7):
To his mom on our way out to Borders to buy him a belated birthday book: "I get to go spend quality time alone with Auntie!" Ah, the brainwashing started early with him, getting him excited about books.

Later, to his dad who asked where he got the Dragonology book: "Auntie took me to this special library where they sell books!"

I always keep Avery informed of where I am going, and he has a world map on his wall and money from all the different countries I visit. We had a long talk about me going to New Orleans, and how I have to see the doctor first and all that. So, he announced later to his dad: "I hope Auntie is really sick and has surgery and has to stay here with us!" Um, thanks?

Ashton (age 2):
When I asked him if he had a good nap, his reply: "I most surely did!" Too cute!

Two hours after hitting my dog in the head (lightly, and with a soft ball, because he was thinking she would catch it and throw it back), he put himself into time out for it. This, after hiding in shame and begging us to forget it. Ah, that Piscean sensitivity runs deep.

No comments: