Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

If I don't blog again before then.

So, I have my bag packed (that's why I put off doing it - because it takes me all of five minutes). Rain jacket. Check.
Pajamas. Check.
Toothpaste and facial cleanser, trial size each, in a plastic ziploc bag. Check.
Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. Check.
Examples and Explanations of Civil Procedure. Check.
Glannon's Problems Guide to Civil Procedure. Check.
My class outline of Civil Procedure. Check.

I'm sure it's what all the cool kids carry in their bags, the FRCP. I'm bringing pretty tabs and I'm going to mark them color-coded, the ones I need to know, and then I'm going to make my own index as well.

Actually I would feel way geekier if I didn't know that all my classmates are studying it, too. And today I finally had to say something to this cute Korean boy who sits in front of me (though, he looks Japanese, but it is a Korean last name so I'll have to ask him) because every day in Contracts he gets out this set of 10 colored highlighters. So, I finally asked, because that so intrigues me. Yes, he color codes what he reads because he doesn't brief his cases. And he also smokes, which is way gross, but he still has this perky little attitude in class. I know that I'm jaded and very sassy right back at the profs, but I still can appreciate the sweet innocent ones who will smile and nod.

Those of us who are there every day, we're bonding. Class attendance has been abysmal this week - I don't know if people took off the whole week or if it was the memo assignment or burn out or what - but I gotta wonder why they would skip the last few days of class. Oh well. I'm there. Soaking up the brilliance. It's the least I can do, when tuition is $38K/year.

No comments: