Thursday, November 30, 2006

missed call

Fred from Liberia called today and I missed it. I wonder what's up. I wonder if Dayton called him. I wonder ... well, I know, I could just pick up the phone and call, but my international calling cards are out of minutes and I stubbornly refuse to recharge them now because I'm not speaking with Dayton.

I might have found housing - it's five miles away, but a straight-shot for driving. It's a room rental, but the home owner will be out of the country almost the whole time. The clincher - she's a lawyer. Apparently every person in this town is.

It would be less money, I would have more space - and w/d and d/w. Bonus. Only bummer - not being able to walk to school. Sigh. I mean, I'd still have to walk because I'm not paying for parking - so I'd probably park on my current street and walk over, but then total travel time would be about 25 minutes. I'd probably go to the gym less if it involves driving as well. Though, I could think of the not driving for laundry to take the place of that.

Why do I want to move? Appliances. Quiet - I'm worried about neighbor moving in and listening to music all day. Safer place to park. Also, I'd love to live in a real neighborhood again - most of the houses here are abandoned, and the others are inhabited by out of state undergrads. The only bummers are that I really like my current landlady and that I like not having to drive. But, I do own a truck and I do pay insurance already.

Finals pressure is heavy now. Too much to do!

No comments: