Tuesday, May 16, 2006

"Chocolate Covered Children"

Information here on how our coffee and chocolate habits here negatively affect children throughout the world - particularly in West Africa, where children are forced into slavery for the coffee and chocolate plantations.

Buy only Fair Trade coffee and chocolate!! (When I first read it I thought, "Oh no! I have to give up coffee and chocolate! But, there are ways of insuring that these atrocities aren't committed for my tasty cup. I always only buy Fair Trade Organic Shade Grown coffee already, and have for many years - but the chocolate I sometimes am not so good - so time to get on the wagon!)

I do like this quote (was on first site): Proverbs 13.23 "A poor man's field may produce abundant food, but injustice sweeps it away"

1 comment:

Gummy said...

You wouldn't have chocolate covered children if you opened your chocolate and coffee plantation out there, ha ha...you'd have a chocolate covered Heidi sipping a cup of fresh coffee, that's what...! ^_^