Wednesday, May 31, 2006

not fun things to do on a Wednesday afternoon

1. A transvaginal ultrasound.
2. Eating at Jack-in-the-Box because nothing better is near and you haven't packed a lunch.
3. Teach.
4. Be in 98 degree heat.
5. Pack.

Life sucks and I need chocolate.

*******
Strangest thing asked today: "How much do you weigh?"

Not at the doctor's office. But by Aztec Boy. WHY ON EARTH WOULD HE ASK ME THAT? He started with telling a story about his brother (actually I was editing it) and as I was reading it he was talking about his brother's strengths and weaknesses in soccer, which led to AB saying how much his brother weighs, then how much he weighs (156) and then asking me how much I weigh. I was like, "What just happened here? That's not cool!" And he's like, "You know, because you're short, you probably don't weigh that much, so ..." "Shut up now." I could have told him that I weigh 25 pounds less than I did 1.5 years ago, because I'm pleased with that (my weight loss strategy is to have jump starts and then plateau until I change my set weight - it's about time to jumpstart it again this summer). But of course I didn't because it's not an appropriate topic of conversation! I mean, yeah, I often wonder how much people weigh - just because I'm curious about a taboo topic and what different weights look like. But I wouldn't ask MY TEACHER!

He also told me he won't be at school the last day - because he has to stay home and watch Mexico in the World Cup.

Well, better than the rest of the kids who don't come because they're getting high. Maybe that's why I'm fond of Aztec Boy - he's actually all present, and he doesn't glorify drug abuse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»