Tuesday, July 04, 2006

life as I know it

Last night I got both dogs in my bed, and their trembling with intense fear at the fireworks was a lot like one of those cheap hotel massaging mattresses.

This morning I had three emails - one from a former Eskimo student in Alaska, one from friend/brother Fred in Liberia, and one from the hiring person at the Jordanian university (I had emailed, saying I was no longer interested in the job).

When I was a kid, these were the sorts of interactions I wanted to have when I was all grown up. So, here I am. Life does not suck.

The law school I refused has now sent me two t-shirts and a pink baseball cap. As if that would change my mind? I'm not that easy!

Enough vacation - I've been slacking since I got here, so now I have many errands to take care of - doctors, glasses, new windshield, oil change, etc. etc. Tomorrow. When the sun comes out.

1 comment:

Gummy said...

*gasp* Has it been decided? Which two days will you be here???

Mmm. Dim Sum. Hopefully, I'll be all recovered by then and can grub without any worries! =)

Pupusas. I miss pupusas. In general,I miss good food, heh heh...=)