Monday, June 04, 2007

time in Eugene

Hmmm ... this is exciting - I can't see the pics to make captions.

So, here it all is, in some order.

Amy drank LOTS AND LOTS of coffee - she is fueled on the stuff and requires it like a Hummer needs gasoline. Susan looking like a hick on command.

Toby is completely adorable and smiles upon command. He was a little shy at first and tried to be a terrible two defiant to mom, but he quickly forgot about that and had too much fun charming us all. when I said we had to go, he first said, "Bye-bye." Then upon thinking, he said, "More, More! more [insert my name here]! More friends!" Ahhh ...

We ate a lot and Sweet Life was ... sweet. Yum!!

Market of Choice is an awesome grocery store and its bathrooms are fantastic!

Selma is totally adorable even when she has a bad haircut and sleepy eyes. She's SUCH a morning girl and was skipping around for joy each morning we were there. She even got Otter to jump around with her (which then made Otter have to sleep the rest of the day and hobble in extreme pain). I forgot to get a pic of her new collar: SAINTS! Woo hoo!

And now we're back in portland, and Ashton is a total fruitloop. Here, his slippers don't match and his hair sticks up like an off-center mohawk and he wore a sticker of visitor to Avery's school all day long. He is so completely goofy and always has us rolling on the floor with laughter. But he really outdid himself tonight. He's a very picky eater and frequently rejects whatever I have to offer with "I don't like it". So, I don't play the game anymore and for anything I think he won't like I just say no.

Well, he INSISTED that he HAD to have some carrot-zucchini bread. I told him no, since he already had in front of him fried rice, banana, watermelon, and cinnamon bread with butter. He convinced his mom he needed some so she gave him a small bite. "MMM, good," he said, rubbing his belly convincingly. I wasn't convinced. But he wouldn't stop, because he HAD to prove me wrong. So he kept taking pieces from Amy's plate - and then following with fried rice chaser. He couldn't stand the carrot-zucchini bread (as became evident when he eventually spit it all out and said YUCK!) but was so bound and determined to get his way that he'd shove it in really fast and then shovel in a bunch of rice to kill the flavor. Smiling and pantomiming in between each bite.

Trust me, this kid is comedy.

So now I'm burning some DVDs and trying to work on my papers (have I mentioned how much I HATE THIS SHIT) and trying to get to bed early so I can be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to get a bunch done before heading to the airport and then UP TO ALASKA! Woo hoo! I'll stay in a luxury suite tmorrow night (isn't that what you promised, Tiff??) and then up to the yurts where I will be worked like the indentured servants my ancestors were.

Oh, and I got a massage today. Nice enough, but no magic. Oh, AND I got a C+ in Con Law. A fucking C. I am beyond upset. I actually studied for that class - and therein lies the problem. NO MORE STUDYING. I'm in kamaria's club, of no studying until the week before. no more going to class regularly, no more taking it seriously.

So, my GPA is totally shot and all my fantasies of gainful employment. Screw me, screw me, screw me. What was Plan B again?

Well, I'll deal with all that when I get back. Sigh.










1 comment:

Dr. Krista said...

I agree. Studying is over rated! YOU are brilliant... and that you studied AND got a C proves it. When a genius opens a book, it is a MARK for sure. Stick to your original way...

Does GPA really matter in the grand scheme of things? You'll get the job you are supposed to get! It's already planned out for YOU.

Have a beautiful day!
Dottie ;)