Sunday, June 17, 2007

rather than all the other things I should be doing ...

I'm fantasizing about more travel.

First, here's the info on my Nicaragua trip.


Next, my stupid KLM frequent flyer miles (almost all of which were accumulated on trans-oceanic booty calls) which would NOT get me to Alaska in April/May WILL get me to Cancun to meet up with Lalo for various subversive travels (with my REI rebate more than covering the taxes for that flight). Should I do it? Hm. It seems it's a major hassle to get it to use domestically and it'll take forever to earn enough miles to get to Africa. I'll still have to cover the cost of the flight to the Subversive Destination, and all the other travel costs. It ain't a cheap trip. But I think it's worth it.

AFRICA is what I'm contemplating for winter break 2007. A little jaunt to Liberia. By then I'll be over Dayton, but not over Liberia - I want to get to that country fo sho. I've been to the Galapagos, to the Egyptian and Mayan pyramids, to Pompeii and the Eiffel Tower. Isn't Liberia on everybody else's short travel list like those places? Anyway, my goal for this summer is to make enough money to pay for that trip.

So, if Lalo and I do this Subversive Trip then that's my whole summer, all planned away. Damn fun.

And let me just say how groovy it can be to not be a grown-up. But NOW I will go eat some damn salad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. They sure look friendly. We sure miss you.

Now . . . back to eating my fried rice.