Saturday, June 02, 2007

grades, damn grades

So far, so ok. Fortunately I didn't fail the ethics class (an A-) nor my hardest class, property (B+), and my 87% in writing is an A- on the curve. Unfortunately the class I liked best, contracts, didn't like me back (B), though when I emailed the prof to ask if I could come see how she graded and how I could do better (she's the one I told was racist), she wrote a super-nice & helpful email back.

But most unfortunately is that my Constitutional Law grade isn't posted. It has me a little worried, since I took that test after the others because I was in Alaska. So, I'm on pins and needles waiting for it to be posted ... and regularly checking with Susan's damn dial-up.

So, the real fear is almost over - I did ok. Not great, but a little better than last semester (so far). I'm not in the top 10% (what most employers want) but if ConLaw isn't too bad then I'm in the top 25%, and that's ok.

Eugene is great, and Susan and Amy and I have embarked upon our eating extravaganza - first hitting Sweet Life yesterday (which Sarah has raved about since I've known her), then Ring of Fire last night (the best curries I've had anywhere in this country, and rival what I had in Thailand), and this morning we'll hit The Glenwood when Amy gets up. I didn't sleep much last night because Susan snores like a bear. We watched the first six episodes of Weeds last night and it's way good.

Well, I guess they won't post my damn grade on Saturday morning so I might as well turn off this damn machine and go take a shower.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weeds is the BEST! I can't wait till the new season starts in August-- If you get the chance, watch all of the episodes...

mk