Monday, June 11, 2007

Talkeetna!

Today we took a trip on over to Talkeetna, which is about 25 miles from here. Talkeetna is a quirky little place - I heard good stories from Rick about the quirkiness, such as when the state was trying to put in the road how a guy was out there with a gun preventing their continuing. Talkeetna still refuses to incorporate, which means the development happens more willy-nilly than desired.

But it's a cute little place, and overrun by tourists and Denali climbers. On the way is a nice view of The Mountain, also below (and I was too lazy to get out of the truck).

We went to the Roadhouse for a yummy breakfast, where I had biscuits and reindeer gravy, and I helped everybody else out with their breakfasts - eating Keegan's toast and Rick's potatoes. (Not shocking to anybody who has eaten with me, of course.) Apparently they're Atkins-it, and apparently I'm not. Nor is Tiff, who's way excited about the really great potatoes. (And has been full of song ever since I got here.)

They also had moose out for the Moose Dropping Festival which will occur in July - different businesses have different decorated moose - some were way cute.

So, a fun little trip into a fun little place. We're off to water the dogs now - I'm hoping for a Thank You Howl for it.






No comments: