Monday, June 11, 2007

yurt work

Yesterday was a productive day with Rick & Tiff finishing up the boys' room downstairs while I did insulation. We also kept painting the doors and other fun tasks. I started off the morning with chopping wood ... and let me just say that the spirit is willing but the body is weak. I twisted something and my lower back is pretty bad off right now. But, it will improve!!

Today was spent in Talkeetna (post below) and then back here where I tried to ice and ibuprofen and rest. But I eventually made it out and helped Rick a little with postholes for the dogyard. Right now the dogs are all on chains that are long between two poles with about four dogs linked off at regular intervals. Better what we're doing is a post for each dog, so they don't get dragged along with the group who moves the whole chain. Rick made good progress there (five posts in the ground) while Tiff painted the boys' room's floor. Then a yummy carb-free dinner (I got more than enough carbs this morning).

Now it's 11:27 pm and daylight. Not as bright as earlier in the day, but daylight nonetheless. I have yet to see dark here on this trip, no matter how late I go to bed and how early I get up. This huge skylight in the middle of the big yurt is awesome for daylight - no need to turn on a light.

Tomorrow? Rick's off to town with the boys, so Tiff and I will sit around and drink coffee and do our nails and eat bonbons - NOT. There will be painting and blueboard and seams and more such fun.



Wall growing.



Drilling something. Or just holding a drill.



Stapling and taping the vapor barrier over the fiberglass ...



Here I am trapped behind the dryer putting up vapor barrier over the fiberglass.



Putting up the blueboard with some help from my friends through the vent.



Rick? Wilson?
In any case, a pretty new wall finished!



Here I am resorting all the sockets after I dumped them all out. Right after Tiff snapped the pic, Keegan and then Rohnan were right there helping me finish. They've been really helpful with all sorts of fun stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you be taking a photo of the outside of the yurt? I think I saw one on TV before but want to see the one you are helping to build.

bellygrrrl said...

Fun!