Wednesday, June 06, 2007

West Coast Extravaganza: Last Leg

My flight to Alaska was early ... in fact, everything about this West Coast Extravaganza has gone smoothly ... except my damn nemesis: TSA.

Their last trick? When unpacking my bag they opened a bottle of shampoo ... which was in plastic but leaked through onto everything. And they bent my new books. And who knows what other trouble I'll find. I'm just so damn fed up with the TSA fascists. Stay the hell out of my luggage!

I left them a charming note asking them to please be considerate ... and they left their little printed note telling me they fucked up my luggage right underneath my note. Assholes.

But, I'm in Alaska, with only this minor glitch, and everything is groovy. We're all camping out in the hotel, as Rick is working in Anchorage the next couple days. Tomorrow morning after Tiff takes him to work, we'll all slowly check out by noon - the kids getting some more swim time and me hopefully getting my papers finished and all of us getting the hotel breakfast. Then we'll hit Moose's Tooth for yummy pizza and some shopping and then on to the yurts where I'll help Tiff put in a garden and be Rick's indentured servant without complaint.

Keegan told me tonight I'm scary, so I'll have to work on that. Yes, I like having the ability to be scary to kids, but I save it for special occasions - and Keegan and Rohnan definitely haven't done anything to deserve that from me. Well, I got mardi gras beads to charm 'em, so hopefully that works. A week of two 7-year-olds avoiding me will be a long time.

OK, sleeps.

1 comment:

Gummy said...

leaving notes for the TSA? Ha ha ha...and "TSA Fascists"? I like that term. =) Let me keep all this in mind for the honeymoon, woot woot!!! =)

Glad you can come! Yay!!! Will Lalo be coming? If so...send me his last name, so I can put it on the namecard! Yay! =)