Thursday, December 07, 2006

awesome news!

Tami is officially pregnant! Woo hoo! Due July 21st ... which could go either to Cancer (my Selma is a Cancer, and Susan) or Leo (Michele and Dayton). Clearly good people in either category! She can't go wrong!

So now I do need to get Dayton here and have a baby so I can get the baby hand-me-downs. :) And Ayanna and I were just talking today about how her mother-in-law-to-be wants to watch their kids, so I was like, "Let's plan it together and she can watch 'em both!"

NOT that I'm planning on having kids. But I'm getting to that now-or-never place. Somebody said, "Can you imagine having a baby when in LAW SCHOOL?!" and I was like, yeah, so what? Worse when working.

And, my exams are now half over. Two more to go - the ones I'm TOTALLY not prepared for. But, I'll start tonight, and review session tomorrow, and then a jaunt to Slidell to visit the Salems and Waffle House, and then a long hard weekend ahead of studying. Shrug.

Today's exam was also too easy, so we're all screwed except the couple of people who knew how to write it just right for him. Remember, only 65% can get B's or above, so on too-easy tests, the people getting C's may have done just as well as a B but got graded too late in the pile. That totally sucks. But I'll use those kinds of thoughts to keep me on this side of suicidal once grades are in.

The people I studied with yesterday were giving me a hard time today, saying that if I didn't get an A nobody could, and I was like, are you KIDDING ME? I mean, usually in classes I do get things more easily than other people, but not at law school. So then ... I need a nickname for him ... said, yeah, but then I could at least say it to him like I know what I'm talking about - and maybe that's the trick right there that I'm counting on - that my writing is strong enough to convey the points I make, and I can sort of buffalo through what I don't. The problem is on these easy tests, there's not much buffaloing.

OK, time to do some errands and then come on back for studying. Woo.

No comments: