Wednesday, December 13, 2006

natural science

Could somebody please remind me why I'm not doing a biology degree?

Here's how I spent today - waiting anxiously watching for the mailman - who finally brought me the Bird Identification Guide for Gambia and Senegal! Woo hoo! I almost kissed him, and my exuberance just about knocked him backwards. Literally.

And finally identifying the damn things that have been tormenting me - http://www.pbase.com/ronnie_14187/image/37036452 This is a beautiful picture of the buck moth. They are everywhere now, I swear - trying to get into my apartment, following me, flitting around. But, everybody I ask, they have no idea what I'm talking about. They don't even see them, much less wonder about them.

Trust me - the world in my head, it's much more interesting than the world everybody else is living in. With lots of birds and orange striped moths. Stop and smell the roses is more like stop and identify the fascinating swarming insects to me.

This upcoming final - for Crim Law - will be by far the hardest. Not just because it's the least interesting to me, but because it's so much information and I'm trying to cram at the last minute. And not very motivated. I ran into Alejandra at school and she gives the best pep talks - she says that she always finished her exams first in Puerto Rico, and she did just fine.

Oh speaking of LLM students, funniest thing - I ran into the ex-roommate and she IGNORED ME. Pretended that she didn't see me at all. Walked literally RIGHT past me. Baffling. Not that I care - the longer I know the more I loathe her, but she does owe me respect after all I've done for her. But, this makes it easier - now I don't have to be nice to her.

OK, really, now I'm going to learn all about rape and gross sexual imposition and deviate sexual intercourse by force and deviate sexual intercourse by imposition. Sigh.

No comments: