Monday, December 11, 2006

sleeping with strangers

I got email back from the Birding Pal guy - he offered his place for me to stay with his brother-in-law and planned some fun birding excursions for us. (He's Dutch; I don't know about the brother-in-law.)

My first thought was, "Wow, people really are friendly all the world over." My second is the scolding I got last year from Jordanian Rudolf Valentino when I planned to go off for the weekend with a woman I'd met at the internet cafe. I still think that would have been fine (or a great story to tell later - because if she had been with a cell of terrorists looking to kidnap a Westerner, there's no way they would get away with that in Jordan, and the king himself would probably come save me). But, I am more cautious now through email, after living with the roommate that drove me up a wall - she didn't come across like that AT ALL in email.

So we'll meet in a public place first and I'll go with my gut.

Now time to stop playing with getting the bird list to print properly and STUDY! Sigh.

No comments: