Tuesday, December 05, 2006

it gives me what I need

I finally bought a dresser - yay!

Craigslist beckoned me, like it so often does. I probably overpaid ($100, he asked $125, I bargained a little I guess), but it's real wood. I really didn't want particle board crap because of fumes and breakage and all that. This is no fancy dresser, not teak or anything - it's probably thin pine, probably handmade. But, once I scrub it down, it'll work. It fits just perfectly into the remaining inches I had left.

I was looking at KMart, and I could have gotten something cheaper there on sale (though, not after taxes) and it would be new. But, then I would have to put it together and besides, it goes against my conscience to buy new if I don't have to. I've been lurking on furniture on CL for weeks now, and then it was there.

What doesn't CL supply me with?

So, I got asked to teach test prep again as soon as I get back, three days a week for six weeks. I asked her if I get a raise, haven't heard back. All these decisions, they're very difficult. Will I get a summer job? Most 1L's don't. What will happen in Jenny's movie (that is - Dayton and me)?

Annoying stalker girl asked me last week if I was planning on transferring. Why would I come here if I planned on transferring? Stupid question. And then she went on to try to describe the kind of person I am. I hate that.

So anyway, at least that's one less thing to decide.

No comments: