Monday, December 04, 2006

one down

Civ Pro final wasn't painful. It was four hours of moderate fun.

The only problem is it was pretty easy. Which means the curve will be tight - and every little mistake will count BIG. Which, I know there were lots of mistakes. Son of DPI says, "We're fine, there are lots of stupid people in our class," but I think he's wrong. And mean. But he already known he's misanthropic, so we just laugh.

Mostly, it's over.

Then I went and met the woman whose house I might live in starting in March while she travels the world. She's a lawyer, and she says I'll actually use all those Rules I learned. Good. Because I think I made sense of them - just, please, no more stupid hypotheticals about raw milk cheese or nannies or gun manufacturers named Darma.

Thursday is Torts. I think my plan is to read the 500-page supplement I have, to review my notes, review Smart-Smart Man's notes, and look at exams from other profs (this prof has not ever taught the class before). And I told the prof I'd come see him, but maybe not.

Then next week, Monday is Contracts. That will be hard because I haven't done much to prepare. Then Thursday will be Crim Law, and there's lots to memorize for that. At least both of those have some practice exams I can play with. No answers, but at least I can peruse the exams. Then, Friday I leave for Senegal. Wow. 11 days. I'm SO NOT PREPARED.

But it's freakin freezing here (literally, below freezing) so I think I'll make some hot chocolate and crawl into bed with a sexy Torts book. I'm kind of liking this serial monogamy thing of finals studying. Usually I spend a couple hours with each of the subjects, but this time, I get to really focus on one - until I toss him aside and move on to the next.

Oh, so I think if she'll have me I'll do the house thing. It'd be less money, even with gas money figured in, there's a washer and dryer, and it's a cute, clean house that I like. It has a good energy flow, like my house that I used to have. It's in a nice neighborhood - real family (with holiday decorating wars), and conveniently located. It'll be about a 10 minute drive to the shuttle to school, or to where I live now and where I can walk from. So, she said to let her know when I know 100%. It is just hard to leave a couple things here - my landlady and neighbor (who invited me in for wine tonight) are both so nice, and not having to drive. But, I don't feel settled here, and I want a window. There, I'd have numerous windows. It wouldn't be "mine" but it would work for the 6-12 months she plans to travel. With my penchant for moving, that would be good timing.

Yawn. Long day.

No comments: