Tuesday, December 12, 2006

luscious vowels

After our Crim Law review, Ayanna asked if I wanted a copy of the outline that Man Who Would Be King had. Shrug. Sure.

He walked up with us to the copy room, and kept talking and I finally asked, right in the middle of him talking about something, "Where are you from?"
"Right here."
"You have a fascinating accent. The tone to your words is mesmerizing. I sometimes just look at you and hear just the sounds and don't listen to the actual words. Sorry."

He blushed deep and I'm sure, I realize now as I write that, that I scared the hell out of him.

Because what does that sound like. "Did you say something, little lady? I was too busy staring at your enormous breasts to listen to a word you said."

In my defense, I'm really tired. I don't know why, but I am. I haven't slept well. This whole being on ORegon time is taking its toll on me.

But of course not in my defense, as most people will remind me - I objectify men. I know I do, and I don't do it with my friends, but if I think a man is hot I think pretty much of just one thing and the rest, all that blah blah blah blah - it's just wasting time.

Not, of course, that I was going to do him right there on the paper cutter. Ow.

But it's also not bullshit. His voice is amazingly sonorous and rich and deep and full.

In college I sort of dated a guy who had a voice like that, but more in a Barry White sexy man kind of way. When he'd call the dorm floor phone (wow, I am old, this was LOOONG before cell phones or even phones in each room - just a pay phone for the whole floor) the girls would all rush to hear his voice. (Sort of dated? He was dating me but I was unaware of it - thought we were friends hanging out and messing around -but I got set straight eventually and still carry some guilt.)

I'll probably not be able to be friends with Man Who Would Be King - when I get past the sound, he's pretty much like all the other 22-year-old boys. But I might pretend for a while, just until I get my fill of those luscious vowels. And he still is, hands down, the absolute hottest male at First Choice Law School. Eye candy, ear candy - is a good relationship based on more??

No comments: