Tuesday, March 06, 2007

drones

I walked over to the law school about 8:15 tonight to pick up some cases that I printed. I never go there at night - this was the first time because my friend Sarah was walking over.

First, it's a nice walk at night.

But second, I was freaked out. I walked past the reading room and it was full of people studying.

STUDYING.

What the hell is up with that?

I'm just pleased with myself because I found a mystery case I was looking for, where the court ruled that an officer with his hand on his gun is not compelling somebody to answer questions - instead it's somehow voluntary. What a legal fiction that is. But, that's my party's side, so that's what I'm going with.

And, I just now realized that I'm way further behind than I thought - I thought I'd done a big chunk that I actually hadn't. So, I'm a little screwed.

So maybe I'll just go to bed.

And this, blog friends, is why I will NOT be one of those $160,000 starting salary lawyers.

No comments: