Saturday, March 17, 2007

save lives, Youssou approves

Malariacontrol.net needs your downtime. "Simulation models of the transmission dynamics and health effects of malaria are an important tool for malaria control." They need lots and lots of computers for analysis. If you download the program, your computer can do some of the analysis when you aren't using it.

Help important malaria research. Plus, Youssou N'Dour approves (check out his short video clip on the website).

(Of course I'm a hypochondriac when I'm sick - and when I have a fever, chills, aches, headache, and nauseau - I think malaria. This paragraph from Wikipedia doesn't help:
"The discovery of this latent form of the parasite finally explained why people could appear to be cured of malaria but still relapse years after the parasite had disappeared from their bloodstreams."
So, yeah, if I'm not better by Monday, I'll go in and say to the doctor that I need a malaria test. Fortunately they already know I'm weird.)

No comments: