Friday, March 23, 2007

Sabine Day 3

I "studied" this morning (really I went to go get my lab results and search on-line for more information about my care - found some interesting stuff), then picked up Sabine and Mike. We headed out to Belle Chasse for lunch at L'il G's. I was disappointed, but I'm just not really all about the fried seafood. So, I didn't even order - just ate their seafood which worked out (and there were still leftovers).

Then we drove to the Town of Jean Lafitte and saw the puppet display of history while I talked to an oldtime local who told some great tales. Went to the Jean Lafitte Nature Study Center where I birdwatched on Saturday and it was beautiful - irises in bloom, and when we looked long enough a TON of alligators. Lots of anoles and I saw a snake, and no other people around - it was perfect.

Sabine's very favorite thing so far is still the crawfish at the place we went to on the way from the airport, and I think Mike's was the boardwalk today.

I dropped them off to cruise through Audubon Park and then Whole Foods, and I'll pick 'em up in a couple hours and we'll try Port of Call. It's always SO busy there, but I'm craving that sour cream on the potato now.

No comments: