Thursday, March 01, 2007

wedding kegger

I went to a bowling alley tonight for Alejandra's birthday. Everyone said, "Oh, how neat - it's all retro with the equipment."

Um, the last time I went bowling that was state of the art.

Good grief.

Ale and I have a "boys are stupid" conversation each time we meet. This time we had to cut it short because her Mr. Very Stupid was there - actually the one who invited me. He is just about the prettiest straight boy I've ever known.

So she asked about Dayton and our plans and all that, and was offended I haven't invited her to the wedding. "I swear to you, if I have money [she'll be back in Puerto Rico after this year], I will be here for your wedding." "Good. I need a witness at the courthouse."

Trish and Jessica were polite, but mortified. "You aren't going to have a big wedding?"

No. Quick trip the courthouse to take care of the formality.

"Well, what about the party after?" "Um, I haven't thought about it."

Jessica was all over that like white on rice. "I'll throw you a kegger!" "For my wedding?" "Yes! It'll be fun!" By the time I drove her home, she had the whole thing planned. "I'm not a very good baker, so I don't know how your wedding cake will be. But I'm a good cook." And she is, and she's Cuban - so it's very yummy food.

So stay tuned, blog fans. Apparently there will be a Most Excellent Wedding Party with keg (MEWP-k), and you're all invited. And Michele - no clean up for you this time. :)

Alejandra is the one good thing that came of my icky roommate - that's how I met her. Always a silver lining.

4 comments:

Gummy said...

Aghhhh!!! Fun! You must tell me when it's going down, woman! ^_^ Woo hoo! =)

Gummy said...

I got your kingcake today! AWESOME!!! =) Hee hee hee...I'm going to bake it first chance I get! =)

bellygrrrl said...

OMG--I'm a good baker!!! I know I can't hold a spatula to save my life, but I do make a mean cake! And I have a cake pedestal with a dome, and pink electric beaters, and a sifter, for crying out loud! Let me bake your wedding cake!!!

tiff said...

AH...hell...who cares about the wedding colors, the keg and the cake...i wanna know what the gifts are going to be when we come...giggle :) OMG...I think bowling shoes...team jerseys...beads lots of them...crowns...cuz' that would definitely look cute...oh weddings!!!
(and the things people think are important...like BEER...ha)
hugs,
tiff:)