Saturday, March 10, 2007

I should be prohibited

... from walking in New Orleans.

Depending on where I am, today I just went due north (that's lakeside, Tami) and there are so many incredibly gorgeous houses. I look at 'em like they're German pastries (which I still think are better than French or any other, rivaled only by Austrian, but I digress) - with such longing.

Today's fantasy? What color I would paint the Marigny shotguns if I buy them ... I'm thinking one yellow and the other either purple or green. Yeah, I'm creative. But I saw several houses along my walk which had the perfect color combination with next door. Now one of the houses I'm looking at is yellow with dark green shutters & trim, so I could keep that and paint the other one in a mossy lavender.

Ah, my fantasies.

I do go see the houses tomorrow morning officially, and I may do a drive-by today on my way home from the Latino legal clinic. Where I will have to very quickly improve my Spanish because the three native/strong Spanish speakers I had lined up all bailed. Argh. Oh well.

So, despite Property being by far the most difficult class I've had in law school, I'm thinking seriously about pursuing a real estate law focus.

This obsession is taking hold deeply. It's like ... the last time I felt this was was spring 2002 - just before I bought my house. Which was a fantastic experience in all ways. I was scared then, and I'm scared now, and I spent a lot of time mulling it over and then looking at houses I didn't want - but then found the perfect place and it was sweet for two years and two days, and even sweeter when I cleared a profit.

Not that I have the time or energy for home ownership, renovation, and landladyhood - I should be focusing everything on my studies. And I will. Really. Maybe after I take another walk after volunteering after birdwatching after another driveby.

No comments: