Friday, March 16, 2007

hospitality redux

Yay! I have an excuse to not cross the bridge tomorrow!

So I planned to continue my list of a million things to do and go to Target. But then I didn't really feel like it and something kept telling me to go to the grocery store instead.

So I did and ran into a classmate and his wife who invited me over to watch the St. Patrick's Day parade tomorrow (actually he'd tried to invite me before but I missed the social cues). I read about it in the paper and thought it sounded fun, and a friend emailed saying which float she'd be riding on and to shout out to her, but honestly I planned to skip it because ... well, it's LENT, PEOPLE. Mardi Gras is OVER. But, this is New Orleans and the fun never really stops.

And classmate's wife said, "Oh, it'll be ok for you to drive over the causeway as long as it's not windy." So I stepped outside the store and the wind was so strong it nearly ripped the cart out of my hands.

South it is - which is actually better with the new parade plans because it starts earlier and is a little closer. I still have to cross a bridge, but it's not 28 miles long because it's over a river (and through the woods) rather than over that damn lake. Of course if I get that "It's a good day to die" vibe, I'm staying home. Cardinals be damned.

No comments: