Saturday, March 24, 2007

satfatoville

Picture this:

Dinner Friday: 1/2 pound of ground beef, with a large baked potato literally dripping with butter and sour cream.

Dinner Saturday: Muffuletta (large sandwich with olive salad, salami, mortodello, and cheese -and the half I got makes two meals).

Let's just say, my arteries may never forgive me. I usually eat well below the RDA of saturated fat, so my body isn't quite sure how to handle Sabine's visit. We had a lovely time at Port of Call last night, though I ate too much and that was uncomfortable. Sabine and Mike got sloshed, trying every drink on the menu, and had a good time.

Today I hit the ground running with chores and studying, then I went to meet Sabine and Mike in the French Quarter. Unfortunately my phone decided to stop working so I wandered around for two hours, shopping, until I got a signal again and coincidentally we were within 100 yards of each other (not that I have any concept of how far 100 yards is, but we were close). We darted into Central Grocery just before they closed - I've been craving the muffuletta with a vigor that makes me worry about the day I can't just drive to the Quarter to pick one up.

And I still have NO CLUE what to do this summer. Or if I should get the Master in International Development. Or if I should buy a house or just find a new apartment, and when. Or, or, or.

And I don't quite know how to tell my neighbor to turn off his A/C when he leaves. It's right by the only door/window I have that I can open (the only way I can get any fresh air) and it's so damn loud. And there's no need! Right now it's about 70 degrees outside - OPEN YOUR WINDOWS! I noticed that he had his front door open WHILE the A/C was running - and it only got up to about 80 today - I sure don't need the A/C for that. And that would be why my electricity bill is less than $40/month and his is well over $300/month. He said he was going to try to conserve energy - and this is how? It doesn't need to be 65 degrees in your apartment, especially when YOU'RE NOT THERE!

OK. Back to Parol Evidence Rule. Tonight's game is Uniform Commercial Code until blood flows from my eyes.

No comments: