Sunday, January 21, 2007

Amazon crack

Who knew it could be so much fun to sell all my worldly possessions, especially while putting off schoolwork? OK, mostly it's just books from education PhD. I got through one of the two boxes in my closet because I am officially declaring NO GOING BACK. Not that I ever planned to, but now I'm making it official.

So I have about 35 books listed on Amazon, already sold three - damn life is grand. See, there's a post office thing on campus on my way to class, so it's no big deal to take care of all that. I do probably need to start doing tracking numbers on the books - don't want to get a bad reputation, for darn sure.

I do love the whole two birds, one stone thing here - less stuff to move later, and more money for me, and other people can enjoy the books that I did. Now I need to sell more of those, then list the other box (I have a whole inventory here), then read my way through all the books on my shelves and sell those - and all before I get near finals push, because I won't want to deal with the hassle then.

PLUS I love the internet for its stalking capabilities - and its utility in helping me procrastinate.

I was reading up on the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and saw an article (by Voice of America, not the most reputable source) that mentioned a Liberian in America who disagrees with it because he thinks there should be a war crimes tribunal to hold the people accountable. Exactly! So I do a little google on Bodioh Siapoe and found a contact and he's already responded to me asking me to call him. How great is this world?

I just have to figure out what exactly I want to say to him now and why it is that I emailed him, besides the fact that I can.

I ran to Haydl's Bakery a couple hours ago because a little voice told me to - and I snatched up the last Saints king cake. It's out in my truck because it smells so darn good that I knew I couldn't wait. And now I'm off to Ayanna's to watch the game. I haven't been able to concentrate on schoolwork all day because of my nervousness about it. I don't think I need a new hobby that stresses me out anymore! But, I really do hope the Saints win.

No comments: