Saturday, January 27, 2007

good news at the crack of dawn

The house closest to me - the black mold spa, the vermin hostel - will be sold on Tuesday and they hope to be finished with demolition by end of February to start construction next year.

I think the guy might have brain damage - he kept repeating himself and not real keen to social cues. But he started with "Hello, Friend," and he's very friendly indeed.

So eyesore and odor will be gone, which is very exciting indeed - and hopefully demo doesn't take place during finals.

Less good news is that the rain has returned - giant puddles everywhere. I can't drive in this rain - I'm not the safest driver to begin with. I planned to go out to Slidell today to do shopping and see Tami & co. and eat and two of my favorite places (I'd hoped to go early enough for lunch at Waffle House, shop and study, then dinner at Amigos) - but this rain is not appealing.

I'm in a funk, but I think it's not the rain.

I'm spending the best hours of my life waiting in line at the post office. I just have to keep reminding myself that selling my books is a good thing, a good thing.

No comments: