Wednesday, January 10, 2007

scowling

The problem with this really, really bad attitude that I'm carrying is that everybody else has it too. We're all grumpy.

Manifestations of it were evident today in my Legal Profession class when the prof asked a simple question and NOBODY would answer it. Mind you, there are over 150 people in that class - heck, there are about that many in ALL my classes. And nobody could read the sentence on the page he wanted to hear? He's a nice guy, people, cut him a break!

I reluctantly raised my hand to avoid an "anybody, anybody?" moment.

My classmates and I, we nod hello and wave and pretend to be happy to see each other. We're not, because we're not happy to be here at all. Those of us who were ALWAYS overprepared last term, now we show up with a scowl and an unread casebook.

We have a long weekend coming up, and I need a serious attitude adjustment then. Otherwise, May 10 will be really, really far away.

No comments: