Friday, January 19, 2007

perfect example

I've never eaten a beignet except with Jenny or Tami. Which means Jenny's visit and two other times. These hips should not be all beignet. And now I know why a 1600-calorie diet with exercise does not make me lose weight and how I can gain 5 pounds in a weekend visit.

Knowledge is power, I've heard.

It made me go find a chocolate milkshake for dinner - which, I did find a pretty good one and cheap and near.

Hey, when the big famine comes, my genes have got me covered. Thin people will fall all around me and I'll be going strong. I remember this Civil War class in high school and the gleam in the teacher's eye when he told the story of this wagon train that got lost and ran out of food. This very overweight guy though, once his body got adjusted to the stress, he ran about like a springtime deer and helped save many of them.

Unfortunately, said teacher had the unhealthy fat buildup - around his middle from excessive alcohol abuse, and he died not long after. I really liked him and it was sad.

So, between classes on Monday my skull is being cut open. OK, exaggeration. Removal of sebaceous cysts, and then once the stitches are removed I'll get a haircut finally. Now I just need to go see the endocrinologist and I'll have the health checklist completed hopefully. Then I need to start on the auto checklist.

No comments: