Sunday, January 14, 2007

Louisiana state bird

We've been having beautiful weather lately - up into the 70's, sunny, warm.

And out come the mosquitos.

I've lived in mosquito land many times before - Alaska, Africa, etc. But the mosquitos here in New Orleans are really a pernicious bunch. They cluster and they swarm. It's impossible for me to get in or out my front door without inviting the blood-sucking masses in a "mi casa es su casa" statement. Then I chase the buggers forever, showing them how murderous my home is.

I hate this game. They always win to some extent. Itch, itch, scratch, scratch.

Last night there were swarms in Melissa and Bobby's house because she'd had the door open while BBQing. Glad to know I'm not the only person living in the swamp.

1 comment:

Gummy said...

Eeeeee! I despise mosquitoes. >_< It SNOWED out here!!! Okay, it was more like sleet, but we're calling it snow because such a thing never happens out here. The weather is crazy - the world is going to end soon, ha ha ha ha. But it's been super chilly and wintery, snowed for about an hour on Friday morning and had all of Sierra more than excited, faculty and students alike, heh heh. But it was fun. =)