Monday, January 15, 2007

summer plans

So, here's a thought I'm having just right now - not one that I'm committed to.

Leaving NOLA this summer, putting all my stuff in storage, and chillaxing in Cali and/or Oregon for the summer - hopefully with legal employment. But the thought of paying rent here when I'm not here just for the peace of mind that I'll have a good place when I get back - that I don't like.

Of course paying for storage and driving both ways and helping out whomever I crash with and all those things - I probably won't really come out financially ahead if I do that than if I stick around here.

I'm beyond unmotivated and lazy. I'm thinking about taking my computer to school with me because I'm too lazy to type up my notes anymore - I'll just do it in class now. I know that's a really, really bad idea. All my classmates - they were pretty good about computing on-task during class last semester. Now though, they are ordering clothes, checking sports scores, emailing, making wedding plans - seriously everything but paying attention. And I'm right with them. I won't hear a word if I take my computer because I'll be too intent on ... well, anything else. And I'm too lazy to look over my notes after class - which was the prime reason that typing them later was a good idea. But, I'm a B student now, so I guess what seems a good idea may not really be.

I also hate taking my computer because it's more weight, more hassle (what if it gets stolen, lost, rained on, dropped, etc.).

But, like I said. LAZY.

I'm trying to get through Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco, but it's like 600 pages and boring, boring, boring.

Anyway, I'm WAY too unmotivated and lazy to want to actually seek out a job. I want it to come to me, without effort.

And I'm way too unmotivated and lazy to go to the gym. I'm over the elliptical, and I don't know what else to do for my cardio. No Michele here to play racquetball with me. I'd try one of the fitness classes, but I'm just too lazy.

Somebody told me about when her boyfriend went to India he got this nasty virus that affected his nervous system and totally changed his personality. I wonder if that's what happened to me - I just feel so different now. So damn lazy. Unfortunately, I'm still uptight - it'd be nice if I were lazy and mellow both.

1 comment:

Gummy said...

Come to Cali! July 21st, especially! =) Hee hee. Oh! And Foucault's Pendulum! I read that...when I was in the 10th grade. I thought it was a little creepy and conspiracy like, but I liked it, but it is loooooooooooong to read.

Maybe you're lazy because today is supposed to be a holiday? =)

When I working on my Masters for teaching, we had to use the computer lab for this one part. I always finished early - because you know how pointless sometimes they can be, and I always finished earlier. So then I'd AIM and email and do whatever else - and soon enough, I'd be doing all of that while completing the class stuff.

However, it's nothing to law school. So maybe you shouldn't, hee hee..=)