Sunday, July 29, 2007

am I a horrible person

... if I don't exercise AGAIN today? It's been like three days, and my body just TOTALLY doesn't feel like it still. I have myself all amped up, and even have the clothes & shoes on, but my body hurts all over still. And I'm tired - I slept until like 9:30 this morning, which is SUPER late for me. Maybe I'll do a little yoga or something rather than 50 minutes "fat-burning" Pilates. But even, well, ANYTHING seems like TOO MUCH ENERGY. It's a lazy, very rainy Sunday. It just started coming down in buckets which makes me less than eager to drive over to Slidell, which is my only plan for the day.

I took a fake Trader Joe's brand Airborne and feel a little better, but still ... something is definitely off - no mind-body connection here.

Or am I just so lazy. I just want to curl up with a good book and a decaf latte.

What is WITH my body? It's totally not in-tune with all the things my MIND wants to do. What's up with that? Strange.

The Hot Honduran is way into fitness stuff - almost pathological about it. And yeah, he looks way good - hence, his nickname - but I don't want to be so weird about things like that.

So, I'll listen to the aches and pains in my body and be lazy another day. It's the sane thing to do - and how often can I call anything I do "sane"?

1 comment:

bellygrrrl said...

I haven't been to the gym for 7 weeks--or is it 8 now? And I'm eating a chocolate bar as I type this. Not exercising for so long might not be good for my health, but this 'fuck it' attitude sure is.