Sunday, July 08, 2007

home, so sweet

Yay! I'm home!

Flight was late, and I'm tired and cooling off the house. (Good news - electric bill from last month, two weeks of being here = $41. I can live with that. Oh, actually electricity was only $23, and the rest was gas. Hm ... gas dryer? Well, now that the Hot Honduran Handyman removed the evil wasps, I'll put out my clothesline. My water heater is turned almost completely off ... what else would use gas?)

I parked at the airport - unfortunately my cheap place was all filled and I had to park elsewhere, less cheap. I was kinda grumbling about that money spent.

Drove up to the house to see neighbor Carolyn talking to some other white people down the street (they're taking over! um, I guess I mean we are) and a cop - two cars had just come barrelling down the street and seriously hit some cars, and the doors all opened and everybody ran.

This is the danger, living on the one well-paved street in New Orleans. People speed. They lose control. They wreck cars.

This happened to me in Oregon, when I lived at Susan's house. Some guy rushing down wiped out the side of my car and then drove away. The difference now is that my vehicle is worth considerably more, and it's mostly covered by insurance. But it would still be such a huge pain in the ass to deal with.

So, my timing was perfect to park at the airport and spend that $85. Cheaper than the $500 deductible.

I'm so freakin happy to be home and so looking forward to sleeping in my own bed.

And the next time EJ asks me out, I'm going. That's my resolution.

No comments: