Wednesday, July 11, 2007

blond Jesus

The doorbell rang. (Yet another beautiful thing the Honduran Handyman did "special for me" is put in the doorbell - which is what he just said on the phone. Yeah, bringing me a rake is nice, but if he's into doing things special for me, I could get another list going.)

There were three beautiful Black women out there with hats and umbrellas for protection from the sun.

"We're your neighbors, and we wanted to talk to you about -"

I looked down at the tract they were handing out to me. I looked at the blond Jesus.

"Oh, thank you. I'm not interested. Have a great day!"

It's just ... it's not even historically accurate.

But here IS something I can get all excited in a missionary way about: sun energy. Tell me please WHY it is that every backyard here does not have clotheslines to dry clothes? Really people - do we have to be so wasteful with our electricity when the sun is right there?

I would love a solar water heater. Heck, I hardly have my water heater turned on now - and since it sits outside, it is being solar heated I guess.

Note to self: buy a house. Install solar panels. Preach it, sistah!

No comments: