Wednesday, July 18, 2007

what to wear?

This is becoming my new obsession. I simply don't own enough clothes to meet all my needs! Or enough variety. Or something.

I think it's pretty amusing that this is hitting me NOW - after living in aesthetics-driven southern California for six years, only now in laid-back NOLA do I really care about how I present myself. I guess I'm just a slow learner.

What on earth am I wearing to the wedding? All the dresses that I have are a) too much like what I'd wear to be a teacher or b) too revealing or c) too informal & summery (which is basically the b) category as well). Maybe I'd wear one of the dresses in the b) categories to somebody else's wedding, but not Gail & Shelton's. I'm too afraid of her mom to be inappropriately attired. :) I do have this one dress that I'd planned to wear because I think it's a beautiful blue ... but I think it's too large. Far too large, really. Like Lalo and I would both fit inside it. (Of course Lalo is so thin - his email is "sexyflaco" after all - that several of him could fit inside all my clothes.)

Well, maybe I'll go try it on and convince myself that it's fine. It's not like I'm trying to hook up there, so it's ok if I'm wearing a flour sack. Unfortunately I don't have shoes to go with it ...

And what do I wear today for my various activities? And what do I wear during my visit to Cali? Good grief! I'm FAR too worried about all this!

What I really should be worried about is all the double-booking of my time that I've done. I'm trying to visit with about six different people per day. The thing that sucks is that I really like everybody I want to see and don't want to rush. I was actually relieved when Gomez told me he'd be out of town. I saw him last visit anyway.

Oh, and here's why Ayanna and I are such food friends - we're going today to the African place, and she warned me in advance that she might not get what she always gets. And I had a little panic, because we have a sharing routine, but she reassured me: "LOL - now you know I am a creature of habit and will likely wind up getting the peas, just I figured I better warn you just in case - but of course we'll share per routine:)" Especially since I can't eat much, eating a bite or two of everything she orders is perfect for me (my stomach feels good today, but I only ate 805 calories yesterday - the day before I couldn't sleep because of stomach pains from 980 calories ... seriously this is all VERY strange for me, and I will go to the doctor when I get back, just to be sure that I'm not going to harm myself). (I'm writing down everything I'm eating to see what trigger foods are ... the only one I see is maybe milk, which would please Tami.) I'm starting to wonder if this is irritable bowel syndrome or something such which was triggered by some Nica bug. Or food allergies. Either of those are ok - I can handle that, once I get a grip on what it is. I'm so enjoying not feeling hungry all the time and not craving sweets AT ALL. Thinking of chocolate makes me nauseous. Well, probably my time in Cali will cure whatever ails me.

No comments: