Sunday, July 29, 2007

ok, maybe roaches aren't my biggest worry

Before scooping up the roach and taking it outside, I listened.

Apparently there's a stabbing nearly in progress. Not quite, but plenty of threats. "Put that knife away, man!"

Yeah, I just called the cops. Now I hear vehicles. Lots of voices. Some descalation. I just asked them to send a cruiser through to help with the situation. No need for a big arrival with lights and adrenaline - just cruise through and see what's up. And let's make it not obvious that I called, k?

The roach can stay right there until tomorrow morning. I may be getting desensitized to killing those with exoskeletons, but I'm not into the killing of people.

So, I hear them driving all away, no more voices. Here's hoping that they worked it all out and the moment has passed forever.

I may be that crazy teacher who jumps into fights between students, but I ain't jumping into a stabbing. I ain't that stupid, quite. I mean, I guess if I were out there and it came to me, of course I'd get involved. But I'm in here, and despite Herman telling me (when I explained about my home as my sanctuary should be roach free and I should feel 100% safe) that I shouldn't ever feel 100% safe, not even at home, I do feel pretty darn safe. And I'm going to get some chains to put on my doors. Just as another measure.

No comments: