Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I love New Orleans, I love New Orleans


I gotta just keep telling myself this.

My truck just got marked as abandoned. WTF? And of course the number that I tried to call is disconnected, and I'm sure if I show up at the office they have listed that I will wait six hours for somebody to tell me it's the wrong office.

I leave tomorrow morning. When do I deal with this?

I may have gotten marked because I don't have a brake tag. Which I will take care of this afternoon. And I'll park at the airport while I'm gone, so hoping that hides me sufficiently from the arbitrary arm of the New Orleans law. Only 14% of murders in this city result in a conviction, but my truck gets marked as abandoned with no recourse? Sigh. I love New Orleans, I love New Orleans. I love New Orleans for its foibles and flaws, not in spite of them.

And the Tangoing Mennonite is fasting and low on energy, which messes up my rebound plans. WTF? Fasting? I guess that makes me seem not out of whack, to be eating my 800 calories a day. He works really hard all day long and he's not eating? Sigh. How's the boy supposed to have stamina? He asked when I'm coming back and I encouraged him to start eating before Monday after he said that he was going to fast as long as he could stand it. "I want you to have lots of energy," I said. Seriously. He wasn't expecting me to be ready so soon. Nor was I. But I've been mourning deeply and now I'm ready to lighten up a little bit until the next deep mourning bout hits.

Rats! Foiled again! Sigh. This is not my day. Even my landlord isn't returning my call.

No comments: