Wednesday, July 11, 2007

a full night's sleep

No fires to report on the metro New Orleans/Jefferson County area. Or at least I wasn't called.

Yay! for all the people whose house didn't burn down.

Three more calls until a t-shirt; five more until a vest. No, I don't want to profit off anybody's loss! I just want to earn those things that would make me recognizable when I respond in the future - usually many more fires in the winter. In the middle of the night. So I, who will not have children because I fear they would keep me awake when I want to sleep, am volunteering to be called in the middle of the night to deal with traumas? Well, the difference is that I can choose when to be on call - when do you get to do that with kids?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not COUNTY, parish... Jefferson Parish, Orleans parish, etc. I'll consider your "jetlag" the cause of that minor error :> Remember we're so totally different here that we do not have counties.