Monday, July 16, 2007

today's best conversation

"Yeah, I'm having a hard time of it right now, thinking about my ex, and I'm having a really bad day. I know I'll heal, like you said, but it's really hard. Some of my friends say that the best way to get over somebody is to get under somebody else."

"That's what I was trying to help you with the other night."

"I know, I know."

"Just trying to be helpful."

"You saying you want to be my Rebound Boy? Help me out?"

"Oh yeah. I'm a helpful guy that way."

"I'll definitely be keeping that in mind."

*******
Just saw Music and Lyrics. Cute. I love Drew.
********
Just googled "rebound boy" and "t-shirt" ... and my blog came up more than once. That freaks me out. And good grief, I've been talking about this since May. It's freakin time to get it on already. Maybe Wednesday. It'll be like a vacation fling which has always been my style. I mean, it would be like a sin NOT to hook up. The universe has provided me with this attractive man who for whatever reason is attracted to me, and he's leaving town permanently on a perfect time schedule for me. I would be defying my dharma to disregard this beautiful opportunity for some nookie.
*********
My neighbor Angelina once again is filled with wisdom. I was remembering her answer to the question why she was so skinny, and she retorted that it had been a really bad year for her. It's not anorexia, stupid, it's her mother's death. Duh. Could my lack of appetite PERHAPS have something to do with losing the love of my life and not even knowing if he's alive or dead? Possibly. I've eaten 750 calories today and it's 8 pm ... I should probably eat something else. I'd like to make myself hit at least the 1000 calorie mark. But I'm just not hungry. I have no energy nor much desire to do anything more than sit crying on my couch.

I promised Former Student that I'd call him tomorrow, and that will be a good jolt. He's a caretaker and a worrier, so I won't breathe a word to him about how I'm feeling. He's such a Pisces, but he also always knows the right thing to say to give me perspective on things. I'll get jerked back into his world which is far more interesting than mine. And then I have Red Cross meetings on Wednesday, and I simply don't get to feel sorry myself at all then. And then I'll have a really great trip visiting great people in Cali (none of whom seem to email me back though!), and all my mourning will be put on a back burner again.

Neighbor just invited me to join her and "Clowns without Borders" people for dinner. Hm. Clowns? Food? Yeah, I think I'll stay here on my couch, thanks.

No comments: