Friday, July 27, 2007

not the only ho in this house

Last night I went to bed and couldn't figure out WHAT ON EARTH the sound was keeping me awake.

Bed springs.

I don't usually hear Neighbor's voice, and her music isn't too bad unless she's really blaring, but the floors carry sound - I can hear her dogs walking as if right next to me, and vacuuming and the like.

Apparently the bed movement is in that category. I'm hoping that something can be done - moving it further away or putting a rug under it or something. Because last night it sounded like two feet above my head. And I could totally laugh about it, but I won't feel that way once school starts.

And I just saw the guy - totally my type. Young, hot, athletic, muscular but not muscle-bound black man. Maybe there's a warehouse to order up my type? haha

So, I'm not quite sure how to broach this subject. I of course want details such as who he is and where she met him and if he has hot friends. And I want her to put a muzzle on the bed springs. But I don't want to be a nosy bitch. Hm. OK, I just emailed her, to avoid agonizing about it.

I MUST MUST MUST go to work today. Even though scrubbing every surface in the remaining three rooms to be cleaned sounds MUCH more satisfying. I'll give myself an hour to clean, and then I'm out the door. This is my only attempt at hard-to-get, since I think the Hot Honduran will be showing up here to do yardwork today if it doesn't rain. The last few conversations on the phone, our timing has been off. I've stopped being totally "on" and we're talking about three things simultaneously, which gets confusing (his work on my house, friend stuff, and fooling around stuff). I know that when we're hanging out again it'll be cool again - we totally click and now we've shared enough about ourselves to have lots to talk about. I just hate talking on the phone, particularly when it's my landlord's phone and the landlord is probably standing right there listening.

[Good - Neighbor just emailed back and was embarrassed but cool. I just want to know that she'll tell me if I'm too loud - my exercising indoors can be obnoxious, I'm sure - the jumping around.]

No comments: