Monday, July 23, 2007

Gail & Shelton got married!

Yay! It was so wonderful to be able to share Gail & Shelton's very special day with them!

Our day started with Lalo picking me up and Michele & Joan being moms and taking our "prom picture." (For anyone keeping track, Lalo has been my friend for many years, and he is so dear to me, and despite everyone saying this trip that we make such a cute couple, it's not that way and won't be that way.)


The wedding was lovely, and I loved that it was in Cantonese and English. The first minister was really funny and kept things moving along. Other highlights were the best man (who gave a great toast later) dropping the ring, and then Gail not being able to get Shelton's ring on him - having to work really hard at it. I was a little worried it would be so somber, but there was definitely laughter.

Then we had our group wedding shots taken, and I was in a group with her college friends so I also hijacked the group with the other teachers whom we all worked together with. It was so great to see George and Sharon and Lynda and others, and to meet spouses. My favorite George-ism was during the praying time, when the second minister was talking about the man being the head of the household, and George was shaking his head. (I always look around during prayer times for exactly this reason. George didn't even realize he was doing it, and his wife and I got a good laugh out of it.)



They had a fun ceremony with cake and yummy food (liked that sushi!), and then we took off to meet later at the banquet.

There was so much food at that banquet! We were probably served 30 different things - the food just kept coming and coming. Started with seaweed and jellyfish which was yum. Lalo had quite a challenge with the chopsticks. This fish was one of my faves - check out those teeth. :)




Then the wedding party went around and toasted with all the tables. Poor folks - I would have been exhausted by then! I'm standing beside Shelton's mother and Gail's mother here. Everybody looked so great!


So, I'm so glad I made it! Huge thanks to Michele for making it possible, and huge thanks to Shelton and Gail for being such great people and including me in their lives. And now they're off on their honeymoon ...

No comments: