Friday, May 25, 2007

another day jampacked with fun

Poor kitties do love each of us Ko-campers individually (they're both quite affectionate when Michele isn't around, because they know she gets jealous), but they were a little under-thrilled when their full home invasion began. Though, I will say, after this pic Coal demanded loves and Cowvin tried to push him out of the way to get his - so they're still assertive kitties even though here they look huddled in fear.

After Shirley and I went for a nice neighborhood walk, we came home and I took a shower. When I entered the shower, Shirley was reading a book on the couch. When I got out of the shower, there was a hubbub of activity ... which I of course had to investigate while in a towel rather than waiting to get dressed.

First, the pool guy was there, getting the waters in Camp-Ko shape.

Then, Joan and Lina came over and brought Michele's graduation present - some great patio lounging chairs. Yes, her house is once again resembling the party destination we all know and love.

Then Joan and Lina and I set to work with the real task of the day: emptying Michele's liquor cabinet, er, making jello shots. We only made about 130 but they have a couple more batches to make.


Aren't they pretty? They're pretty much sterilizing Joan's refrigerator.

Then Lalo and I got to hang out, planning our Cuba trip which I think will really happen - woo hoo! The only real question is if to go through Cancun or Nassau. We caught up and then went to dinner with Shirley and Perla, Lalo's girlfriend whose classes were fortunately cancelled just so she could meet up with us.
She gave him this cool Cuban-looking hat. Yes Lalo, you look cool. :)

And here she is behind a cloud of steam with her shrimp fajitas.

Then we went to the city where I used to teach and spent about an hour and a half driving through all the streets looking for a former student whom I worried will drop out and whose foster mother doesn't support properly. Unfortunately we couldn't find it and I think Perla got carsick and now knows the full extent of my oddness. Fortunately we met this really, really nice family who invited me in and tried their darndest to help me out and thought it was so sweet of me to try so hard. I think it's most kids' worst nightmare that their teacher shows up at their doorstep.
Then Lalo dropped me off at Sabine's house and we caught up before I collapsed in exhaustion and got 6 full hours of sleep, which is the most I've gotten in quite some time. I'm here for tonight as well, and we have a fun-packed day ahead of us.
At some point I must, must, must do the writing competitions but I'm so NOT in the mood.
Well, we're off to Ikea for breakfast and furniture - a lovely combination. Sabine has just moved into her new house and needs to stock up on some things, and I need to carouse about there. I'm way nervous about driving her old car that tends to break down, but it'll be fine.


No comments: