Monday, May 07, 2007

denied

Today I fell in love.

No, I'm not talking about that EXTREMELY fine postal worker. I'm talking about a purple couch.

Somehow I'm all about Queen Anne now - it's because of the table and chairs I got for a good price back in August. So on Craigslist yesterday I found a chair with ottoman - perfect for my place. And it's blue, so it doesn't horribly clash with my couch. A perfect curl up to read a book chair. Sweet. And she took $25 less than she'd advertised for ($50 ain't bad).

But what she had there, also for sale for a great price, would have knocked my socks off had I been wearing any on my flip flops. A PURPLE COUCH. It's so beautiful. I want it. I must have it.

Unfortunately, my new apartment is NOT so large as to allow two large couches ... and if I were going to do that, wouldn't I want to get a pull-out sleeper or way comfy futon for guests?

Sigh. Denied.

But Craigslist, it does me right. Tomorrow I'm going to go check out a green cruiser bike for pretty darn cheap (oh, need to get some cash), which saves me the hassle of shipping my expensive one out from Oregon or Stephen finding me one on-line that then I have to reassemble. I can reassemble a bike. I can overhaul a bike. I don't really want to - I like my hands without grease on them. Dirt, good. Grease, not so much. Working on a bike without a brace - sucks.

Here's the problem. If you take a flour canister and fill it with flour, then you can tap it down to fit more flour in. My TINY apartment isn't like that. So where the hell did I put this blue chair, which looked so small in her apartment but so huge in mine? It's pretty much blocking the door, which it will do for the next week and half until I move.

Have I mentioned that I hate moving? Sigh. Hopefully this is the last move for two years, and hopefully then I'll have a lot less to move because either I'll be gainfully employed in this fine city and can afford movers; or because I'm moving out to some other fine city and will buy everything new there.

It's all Ahmed's fault. I swear he talked to me first in line at the Cairo airport. If not for that, I wouldn't even be here and I wouldn't be moving this really heavy crap. So I definitely appreciate the help!!

No comments: