Monday, May 28, 2007

it takes a college grad ...

It's all about Michele, Day 2: walking up to brunch at Cal Baptist (Shirley, Michele, Christine, Pam).

All the brunch gang is here: Christine, Shirley, Michele, me, Joan, Lina; front: Pam, Sabine. What you can't see is the go-cart in front that we almost egged Pam and Christine into hot-wiring and taking us all for a joyride on back.

Michele, VERY excited about Jen's muscle definition. Sabine and Christine, not so much.
After brunch we came back home and chilled a bit before heading over to Janna's for a big bash. Sorry no pics - I guess I was a little self-conscious about photographing since I didn't know most people. Hung with Kat, Lina, and Joan, then Darlene, Walter, Laura, and Johnny, and then Keith and Wendy's husband Bretz (whose father's family is from New Orleans - it's funny, from the instant I saw him I liked him, and that's probably exactly what it is). Took off and tried to swing by Selin's house in Blue Thunder, but she wasn't home.

Throughout the day I tried to work on my write-on competition papers. I read quite a number of cases and articles and hopefully I'll finish that up tomorrow so I can write the rest of the week while in Portland. Don't know how I'll possibly finish them, but it'll work out.

I also enjoyed a nice dip in Michele's pool - and at 76 degrees it was chilly enough to wake me up a bit. It is really a Southern California paradise back there with the pool and jacuzzi and swing and covered patio. She just needs some landscaping and she's set.

The humor highlight of the evening, however, was my sleeping accommodations. When I came I volunteered to sleep on the blow-up mattress. It felt like a bad water bed and I didn't sleep so hot, but I sucked it up. Tonight I asked Michele to put more air in it, and when she realized that the valve needed to be open to put air into the top section, suddenly it went from about four inches thick to a good two feet - and hopefully better sleep will be had. I can't stop laughing about it though.

No comments: