Wednesday, May 09, 2007

retail therapy

Now, I'm not trying to brag or anything, but after getting $58 for my Torts book (I had to argue to get it, but I did, and then I called all my friends to bring theirs in), in the mail I just got a $25 gift certificate for Target (some on-line survey thing I did; I thought it was a scam but apparently not) AND $10 off coupon for KMart and Sears.

Timing could not be better! I'm moving, I'm shopping, I'm traveling, I'm spending. I was just wanting a new circular saw (left mine in Oregon** and shipping it here would probably not be worth it, and it would be helpful to have while building garden beds ... though not necessary) and patio furniture and extension cords and gardening supplies. And indoor furniture - I gotta buy me lots of storage because there aren't really closets.

Ah, the universe takes away true love and dear friend, but replaces it with consumerism. At the risk of becoming my insane mother who practices retail therapy, I'll take what I can get.

____
**In addition to not having the desire to haul it to the other side of the continent, Susan "won" my circular saw when she was the first person who could make it fit into the case. I had dozens of people try it - it became the household trick. All my friends, guests, even strangers who were at my door, and my roommates' visitors as well - everybody tried. Even construction workers. Nobody could figure it out until Susan looked at it and said, "Oh, you have to turn it this way" and closed it went. Crazy.

1 comment:

bellygrrrl said...

Wow! Susan solved the Rubix Circular Saw puzzle? Cool.