Wednesday, May 09, 2007

a new day, a new plan

So, I have my 3-week West Coast extravaganza nailed down.

But then what?

I'm thinking, back to NOLA for a couple weeks (to "work") and then to Nicaragua for Witness for Peace delegation for 11 days. (This has been a dream of mine since I was 16 and heard someone speak about it in the basement of the Lutheran church in Sitka [actually, probably the sanctuary; but it's dark in there so basement sets the tone better], and I've never got my timing right. So maybe now, this summer, will be my timing.)

Back to NOLA for a couple weeks, then to SoCal for a few days for Gail & Shelton's wedding. Back to NOLA for a couple weeks.

Then to Cuba with Lalo, through Bahamas, for a week or so. Also been a dream for many years, and Lalo and I swore a couple years ago that we would save Cuba for each other - so we shouldn't wait forever.

That, blog friends, would be a SUMMER. None of that wearing a suit to a job crap, or summer school tedium, or well, anything productive. I toy with the idea of a couple weeks of language study, but I think I can't force myself through another one of those programs. Nicaragua would provide good practice opportunities, and Cuba would make me remember that I don't know ANY Spanish (they speak so DAMN FAST THERE). Lalo's a good translator.

Now if I could just plan and then ACTUALLY STUDY for my last final (tomorrow), all would be right with the world.

No comments: